- 1. Introducing the Psalms
- 2. Why some love them and some hate them
- 3. Not written to us (but we can learn)
- 4. Letters to God
- I. THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT SPIRITUAL GROWTH
- A. Two Essential Things to Have When We Need It:
- 1. Velcroed to Bible
- 1. Velcroed to Christians
- II. THE POWER OF THE CROWD (Psalm 1:1)
- A. Things to Remember
- 1. Associate with everyone (Matthew 9:10-13).
- 2. Hang with those who make you better
(I Corinthians 15:33).
- 3. We become like those we hang with.
- B. The Key Question:
- 1. Where do I turn for advice and approval?
(Proverbs 14:7, 29:25-26, 24:21-22)
- C. Three to Avoid Close Association With:
- 1. The hothead (Proverbs 22:24-25)
- 2. The abuser (over indulgent) (Proverbs 23:20-21)
- 3. The rebel (Proverbs 24:21-22)
- III. THE POWER OF THE COMPASS (Psalm 1:2)
- A. I Timothy 3:16-17
- 1. A good heart with a bad compass will take you to the wrong place every time.
- IV. THE GOOD LIFE (Psalm 1:3-6)
- A. Blessed at the right time (I Peter 5:6-7)
- B. Able to survive the drought
- C. A pattern of prosperity