- If you want to know if you or others really love God, ask two questions:
- A. Are you or they obedient to His commands?
- B. Are you or they really loving your brothers?
- TWO POWERFUL QUESTIONS:
- 1. The Obedience Question: Am I obeying His commands? (I John 2:3-6)
- A. Many claim to know. (Titus 1:16)
- B. Try this. (Hebrews 10:23-27)
- C. Those who know God obey even when it is inconvenient. (Proverbs 3:5-8)
- D. A few commands, how do you react? (Romans 12:10; I Peter 4:9; II Corinthians 13:12)
- E. Those who know God obey when it doesn't make sense.
(II Thessalonians 3:6; Isaiah 55:8-9; Romans 12:1-2)
- F. Those who know God obey when it brings temporary pain. (Hebrews 5:7-9)
- 2. The Love Question: Is there a brother I won't forgive?
- A. I John 2:9-11; Matthew 18:21-35
- B. Those who hold a grudge just don't get it!
- 1. Blind to how much they are forgiven.
- 2. Blind to the high cost of bitterness.
- 3. Blind to what God wants.
- 1. Are you obeying His commands?
- 2. Are you really loving your brother?